The Wakanui story begins on pristine, New Zealand pastures and ends on your plate with unrivalled succulence, flavour and melt-in-the-mouth texture.
After grazing free range on lush, green pastures for 18 months, only the best cattle are hand selected to be grain finished for approximately 75 days at Five Star Beef, under wide Wakanui skies, refreshed by breezes straight off the Pacific Ocean.
With a crystal clear artesian water supply and Mid Canterbury grown GMO-free wheat, barley and maize silage, this unique combination of nature and nurture creates truly premium beef.
Aged for a minimum of 21 days, Wakanui’s unparallelled flavour, distinctive marbling and fine texture will delight your palate.
What’s more, we’ve mastered the ability to deliver this mouth watering beef consistently all year round.
What makes Wakanui Beef so special?
- premium New Zealand, grass-fed then grain finished beef
- raised in an idyllic, stress free environment
- fed Mid Canterbury grown, GMO-free grain for approximately 75 days
- hormone growth promotant-free
- unrivalled succulence, flavour and melt-in-the-mouth texture
- distinctive, extra marbling
- aged 21 days minimum for maximum tenderness
- guaranteed consistent quality
- year round availability
Wakanui – truly exceptional quality, incomparable flavour and tenderness;
the ultimate beef